Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yummy Goodness

Ok, so now that I am starting to feel better from whatever cold I had, I can finally post this bar/cookie thingy. It was so yummy! But a word of caution, this thing is not good for anyone who is dieting, diabetic, or anyone who eats something that goes directly to your hips, because I promise, that's where its going to go! 

So first we need to gather our ingredients.

1/2 C. melted butter
1 1/2 C. graham cracker crumbs
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 C. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 C. butterscotch
1 C. coconut (I used the bag from the baking isle)

I used less butterscotch and more chocolate chips, cause it's what I had on hand.


Next I mixed the butter and graham crackers together. I just mixed it together until it was like wet sand, then I pressed it into a greased 9x13 pan.









Then I poured my sweetened condensed milk on top of that.  Look at all that yummy goodness coming out of that can! Delicious!







Then I layered in my chocolate chips....










Then my butterscotch chips......









Then the coconut flakes....I love coconut. My husband doesn't, so that just means more for me! Insert super big happy face!!!







Then mash it all down into the condensed milk, put it into a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. Oh, and I should just say that I didn't use a 9x13, cause mine was in the dishwasher, so I used an 8x8. It made for thicker cookie/bar thingies, but I would recommend the 9x13!





Once they come out let them cool for a while. I let mine sit for about an hour, so that all that goodness could harden up a bit. Now cut into pieces and enjoy! I do not recommend eating two of these at one time! I had half, and my children devoured the other one and the remainder of mine!! Again a word of caution, this could lead to a diabetic coma!




This was just what I needed on a wet weekday, where the kids where in the house all day on a sugar high! Ha! At least they enjoyed it, and I had fun making it!

On my next blog, I will be showing the dress that I finally finished for my daughter! She loves it, and calls it her princess dress! Until then, hope you all have a wonderful day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment