Thursday, January 19, 2012

Today started off a little rough. I have trouble sleeping anyway ever since having kids, as I'm sure most Moms do. But last night I was riddled with dreams that I can't remember, and at 6:23am I woke up to the kids screaming. I jumped up and ran to their rooms to check and make sure they were ok only to find them playing with the dollhouse. I was so upset. Angry really, because I think I have asked them 100 times that if they are going to get up at an early time to please play quietly. I'm not a morning person, and being woken up this way just makes it super hard for me to get going. After getting back in bed and rolling around a bit I decided to get up. I was in such a grumpy mood that I needed some way to snap me out of it. And one way to do that is COOKIES! Yup, yummy, warm, soft, cookies! Who doesn't love cookies. So I decided to get my butt in gear and get to baking!

So I gathered my ingredients. Flour, oats, raisins, butter, sugar, vanilla, egg, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.









Then I got to work beating the butter and sugars together until they were creamy! 

Doesn't that just look like the beginning of something wonderful and magical?






Added in my egg and vanilla. 
And mixed those together to yummy goodness! My mouth is already watering! 
Add in my flour, salt, soda, and cinnamon.   

Mix those well!! And it's coming together!!








Add in my oats and raisins! Mix those in too!  And now I'm starting to get excited!









Now I'm going to take a moment to just send a thanks to whomever created this deliciousness!

Can we say DROOL??


All I need is a spoon, and a quiet corner where my kids wont find me....oh wait, I'm making these for the kids...right, yeah, we'll go with that...


















Put them on your pan and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

I baked mine for eleven, and it was the longest eleven minutes ever!





Once they come out, let them cool. You're supposed to anyway. But who's going to know if you sneak one (or two) off the cooling rack?? Surely you wont tell!






Then all you have to do now is enjoy!!   Not like sneaking at all, you can actually share these with your kids, spouse, friend, or keep them all to yourself!! YUMMY!!!










So after making two dozen of these my day really did get better. I guess that's all anyone ever needs to make their day better. Warm cookies right out the oven with a glass of cold milk. Sure made me feel loads better. Oh and the kids enjoyed them too! Especially since they had never had oatmeal raisin cookies before now. So the next time you wake up grumpy and have the time, make a batch of these, super easy, and super quick!! Wonder what I'll do tomorrow???

2 comments:

  1. I vote for chocolate chip cookies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate chip are so good, but, the kids had never had oatmeal raisin. Next time, definitely!

      Delete